Ângelo Gabriel moves to Saudi one year after joining Chelsea

Ângelo Gabriel moves to Saudi one year after joining Chelsea

  • Sports
  • September 4, 2024
  • No Comment
  • 318

The unlikely career arc of Brazilian teenager Ângelo Gabriel continued when he completed a move to Saudi team Al Nassr in a reported $25 million deal on Tuesday, a year after joining Chelsea from Santos.

In the year he was on Chelsea’s books after a $17 million move, Gabriel never played for the English club because he went on loan to Strasbourg — one of the teams owned by Chelsea’s American investors.

The 19-year-old was part of Chelsea’s squad for the preseason tour of the United States but has left on a permanent deal to Al Nassr where he will play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

The move was announced a day after the Saudi transfer window shut and will help Chelsea meet financial rules in the Premier League and UEFA competitions.

Another Brazilian teenager, Deivid Washington, joined Chelsea from Santos last year around the same time as Gabriel and came close to making a permanent move to Strasbourg, but sources have told ESPN that the west London club cancelled the transfer after concerns were raised about the deal and whether it complies with competition rules.

“We wish Angelo the very best as he begins the next chapter in his career and thank him for his efforts during his time with Chelsea,” the Premier League club said in a statement.

Gabriel became the youngest player in the history of Brazil’s national championship at the time when he made his senior debut for Santos at 15 years, 308 days.

#Ângelo #Gabriel #moves #Saudi #year #joining #Chelsea

Related post

Israeli strikes in Syria a challenge to Turkey

Israeli strikes in Syria a challenge to Turkey

Lucy Williamson BBC Middle East correspondent EPA Israel has repeatedly carried out air strikes on Syrian bases since the fall of…
SpaceX Astronauts Splash Down Off California Coast for the First Time

SpaceX Astronauts Splash Down Off California Coast for the…

Four private astronauts ended a mission in a SpaceX vehicle on Friday by splashing down in waters near Oceanside, Calif. It…
Real Madrid’s Ancelotti: Clearing Dani Olmo does not mar LaLiga

Real Madrid’s Ancelotti: Clearing Dani Olmo does not mar…

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti does not believe the decision to allow Barcelona’s Dani Olmo and Pau Víctor to continue playing…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *