ONE 166: Qatar handed explosive main event as Anatoly Malykhin chases history

ONE 166: Qatar handed explosive main event as Anatoly Malykhin chases history

  • Sports
  • December 29, 2023
  • No Comment
  • 80

To do so, he will renew an old rivalry with Reinier de Ridder with the ONE middleweight world title on the line – a win would add that gold to Malykhin’s current light-heavyweight and heavyweight crowns.

De Ridder will be keen for lightning not to strike twice, as it was Malykhin who relived him of his light-heavyweight title when the pair met in December last year – a loss that was also the Dutchman’s first as a professional.

Now on Friday, March 1, the Russian superstar will move down a weight class again and attempt to become the first three-division MMA World Champion at Lusail Sports Arena in Qatar.

In their previous bout, unlike anyone before him, Malykhin brilliantly defended takedowns from the long-limbed grappler and utilised his heavy boxing repertoire to knock out the Dutchman in the first round.

Now, all roads lead to the main event of ONE 166: Qatar, and each man has everything to fight for.

De Ridder has a chance to even the score, hand Malykhin his first professional loss, and prove he is the best middleweight mixed martial artist on the planet.

But for Malykhin, history is calling. If he defeats the Dutchman one more time, “Sladkiy” would become the first three-division World Champion in MMA.



#Qatar #handed #explosive #main #event #Anatoly #Malykhin #chases #history

Related post

Stocks fall again as Trump tariff jitters continue

Stocks fall again as Trump tariff jitters continue

Tom Espiner Business reporter, BBC News Getty Images Global stocks have slumped further after China hit back at US import taxes…

Starmer to hold talks with other global leaders to…

Starmer to hold talks with other global leaders this weekend to discuss response to Trump tariffs, No 10 says Keir Starmer…
Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias says US cancelled his visa

Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias says US cancelled…

The former president of Costa Rica, Oscar Arias, says his US visa has been revoked. Arias, a Nobel laureate, said he…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *